Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Service running under Network Service account in workgroup environment is not supported SharePoint 2013



Here is the one of the strange issue you will be getting when you install SharePoint 2013 Preview version.

Service running under Network Service account in workgroup environment is not supported

This one is pretty easy to interpret and get around since you really only need to change where AppFabric is running.

So, The resolution for this error is :

1. Open SharePoint PowerShell

2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN

NOTE : SharePoint 2013 is using 15 hive folder in installation ( You have older 14 hive also )

3. psconfig.exe -cmd Configdb create SkipRegisterAsDistributedCacheHost 


Run the above script and you will be proceed with the installation. After this Error fixed you will be come up with the new issue Service running under Network Service account in workgroup environment is not supported This also i have explained in the other post find here

Thank you !!

14 comments:

  1. not able to see the script mate, pls help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the script :

      psconfig.exe -cmd Configdb create SkipRegisterAsDistributedCacheHost

      Delete
  2. The script is:
    psconfig.exe -cmd Configdb create SkipRegisterAsDistributedCacheHost

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! That worked for me. How could you have possible known that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babu Rao is right, helped me out as well! Next step to get it working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am William..I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses for quality posts.Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)Keep up the good work!Thanks for sharing a important information on sharepoint

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I hope you can write more good stuff like this article.

    Network Services NH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you happen to know of any other resources I could use to learn more about network services? I think that the topic is very interesting. I also believe I might want to have a career dealing with network services.
    http://www.dpoe.com/products/image-flex-managed-image-flex-managed-print-service/index.asp

    ReplyDelete
  8. So is work grouping under the same category of network services? I am looking for help and I am pretty sure that it is network services that I am needing to get. I am really just wanting to make sure and be safe.
    Jak Manson | http://www.dpoe.com/products/image-flex-managed-image-flex-managed-print-service/index.asp

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your blog such a helpful to me. Thank you for posting…..!!!
    Information Security Certifications in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your description is really very nice. It sounds and looks lovely! Thanks for sharing this blog article in which you have describe running service under Network Service account.

    mobile voip | smart voip

    ReplyDelete